Coffee is addictive because it’s the magic that makes our mornings worth waking for, and it is the fuel that keeps us going. There’s nothing more refreshing than a steaming cup when it’s snowing outside. An iced latte is just as good when you are looking forward to working on a hot summer day. All the coffee lovers out there may think twice before buying a new pair of socks, but splurging on a luxurious serving of their favourite beverage is totally acceptable. Coffee from Starbucks, Brewberry’s, and Café Coffee always tastes better than the hotchpotch we create at home; however, buying from them every day will certainly have you filing for bankruptcy at the end of the month. So we decided to bring you some easy coffee recipes to past your quarantine time.
Making good coffee at home is no rocket science. All you need is a quick coffee recipe listing a few ingredients that are cheap and widely available! Having an electric mixer and frother will enhance the experience; a manual whisk works too, with the added benefit of building upper arm muscle.
Dalgona coffee, also known as whipped or beaten coffee is one of the oldest recipes in the book, but it has recently gained fame after a Tik Tok video featuring it became viral. It is one of the simplest recipes that grants you the creamiest and fluffiest cup of coffee. You can have it hot or cold, depending on the weather or your personal preference.
- ground coffee
- granulated white sugar
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add in two tablespoons each of ground coffee, sugar, and water.
- Beat the three ingredients together with an electronic mixer or manual whisk, until it becomes fluffy and caramel-coloured.
- Take a glass or mug and fill two-thirds of it with milk (hot or cold). Then add the creamy mixture on top.
- Mix/stir with a spoon and enjoy!
Vanilla and coffee always work well together, so this latte will remain a classic. It tastes best with ice, but the hot version is good too.
- Brewed coffee
- Vanilla essence
- Vanilla ice cream
- Ice cubes
- Put half cup of brewed coffee, one tablespoon sugar, one scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a few drops of vanilla essence in blender; blend for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put a handful of ice cubes in a glass and pour the blended concoction on top.
Everyone loves a sizzling cup of Cappuccino. The light texture and invigorating taste never goes out of style.
- Brewed Coffee
- Heat half cup of milk with one tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan.
- Pour the hot and sweet milk into a cup and whisk it with a frother for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Take half a cup of brewed coffee and pour the frothy milk over it.
- Stir and serve.
Cinnamon Mocha Latte
I saved the fanciest one for the last, but I assure you it will be worth the effort.
- Instant Coffee powder
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon Powder
- Whipped Cream
- Ice cubes
- Blend one tablespoon of instant coffee with two tablespoons of chocolate syrup, a cup of milk, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Put a handful of ice cubes in a tall glass.
- Pour in the blended mixture.
- Top with a layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon for special effects.