The ideal, popular and most loved accompaniment to snacks, chaats and more, green chutney is an absolutely perfect delight to have them with. This refreshing chutney made from fresh coriander and mint leaves has several benefits as well.
Green chutney, tomato chutney and more have become an indispensable part of the Indian cuisine. Green chutney is one of the most loved chutneys in the country. The recipe is simple and the ingredients are readily available. Chutneys never fail to make you drool over it.
Whether you want to enjoy sandwiches, pakodas, cutlet, chaat, samosas and more, just get this delicious, spicy and tangy chutney prepared in minutes. Just follow this simple recipe with all the ingredients available in the kitchen. Gear up and get, set go.
Know the ingredients
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 to 2 minutes
Total time: 6 minutes
Servings: 1 cup
Get through this list of ingredients which will go into the making of this delicious tomato chutney. Get them beforehand and gear up to make the spicy and tangy delight to enjoy.
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Mint or Pudina leaves – ½ cup
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Garlic – 3-inch piece
- Roasted gram daal – 2 tbsp
- Green chilli – 3 nos.
- Jeera or cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Hing or asafoetida – one pinch
- Water – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
What is the process?
Making green or hari chutney does not involve any cooking or heating process. It can be prepared easily once you have all the ingredients and perfect process available. Just follow this simple step-by-step process and you will have your delicious green chutney prepared in no time.
- Take a blender and clean it thoroughly. Make sure that nothing is into it and it has no smell in it. The smell could ruin the aroma of the green chutney you would be making in it.
- Take coriander and mint leaves and wash all of them properly to remove the dirt and impurities.
- Put the leaves into the blender and add garlic cloves, ginger and green chillies to it.
- After that, add the roasted gram daal, cumin powder, chaat masala, sugar, salt and a pinch of hing into the blender.
- Cut the lemon into two pieces and remove the seed. Squeeze lemon juice into the ingredients in the blender.
- Add ½ cup water to it and blend them into a smooth and fine mixture
- Remove the chutney into a bowl and check for salt and lemon flavours. Add more if required according to your taste.
You have the refreshing and delightful green chutney ready to relish. Serve the perfect combination of spiciness, tanginess and scrumptiousness with the snack or a meal. This delightful chutney is sure to improve the taste of your rather boring snack or meal. Make it yourself and relish the flavours.