Undeniably, Pav Bhaji is one of the most tempting, delicious and popular dishes in India. It never fails to tantalize your taste buds and satisfy your cravings. This beloved street food of the country is traditionally made of vegetables and served with Pav bun.
You need not go out every time to enjoy and relish your favourite food. You can make it at home too. Yes, you read it right and it is not that difficult too.
Whether you want to satisfy your hunger or taste cravings or serve your creation at a get-together, there can be nothing better than Pav Bhaji. To make it simple for you, we have furnished whatever it would take you to make the tastiest Pav Bhaji yourself. Just follow this Pav Bhaji Recipe and you’ll have your creation plated before you in no time.
Follow this Easy Pav Bhaji Recipe
|Preparation time||10-12 minutes|
|Cooking time||30-40 minutes|
Ingredients you require
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 boiled and mashed potatoes (medium size)
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 3 tomatoes – finely chopped
- ½ capsicum – finely chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower – chopped
- ¼ cup carrot – chopped
- 2 green chilli – chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup peas
- 1½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2½ tsp pav Bhaji masala
- ½ lemon juice
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required
For Toasting Pav
- 8 Pav
- Butter – As required
- Red chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Pav Bhaji masala – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – To garnish
Once you are done with the ingredients, it is time to follow this Pav Bhaji recipe easy. Follow these simple steps and prepare tasty Pav Bhaji at home.
The process for making the Bhaji
- Take all the vegetables i.e., potato, cauliflower florets, carrot and peas and boil them in a pressure cooker.
- When the vegetables are boiled, drain the water from the pressure cooker and mash the boiled vegetables coarsely.
- Take a pan and pour 1 tbsp butter on it. Add onions to it and sauté them till the onions turn golden in colour.
- Now, add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste to the sautéed onions and stir-fry for one or two minutes.
- Add Pav Bhaji masala and chopped capsicum to the stir-fried onions and chillies. Stir-fry the ingredients again for one or two minutes.
- Take the finely chopped tomatoes and salt to the pan and cook for four to five minutes on a medium flame. Stir them continuously or until the oil separates from the masala.
- Then, add the boiled and mashed vegetables to the pan and 2 cups of water.
- Add all the spices to the pan i.e., red chilli powder and turmeric. Add salt if required.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes on a medium flame. Mix or stir and press the Bhaji with a spoon occasionally.
- Ensure that all the vegetables and spices are mixed and blended.
- Take it out in a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves, lemon juice and a cube of butter.
The process for making the Pav
- Take a pan and pour butter on it.
- Pour red chilli powder, Pav Bhaji masala and coriander leaves and stir for 30 seconds
- Slice the pav and pan fry it in butter and spice mixture for few minutes until it is crisp and brown
Your tasty Pav Bhaji is made and ready to serve. Serve the Bhaji with some chopped onions, lemon wedges and coriander garnish with Pav in a plate.
Things to remember
If you want the Pav Bhaji you make to be delicious and like the one you always wanted, remember these points. These would ensure that you relish and serve tasty Pav Bhaji to yourself and your loved ones.
- Make all the ingredients available beforehand to avoid any last-minute delay.
- Do not boil capsicum with other vegetables as it leaves a stiff or harsh taste.
- Make sure that the tomatoes are finely chopped. If the tomatoes have hard skin, remove or peel the skin before chopping or grate them.
- You can add salt to the vegetables before boiling in the pressure cooker. This will fasten the boiling process.
Here you have the Pav Bhaji best recipe to follow and make. Now you can easily make Pav Bhaji at home without any confusion or hassle. You do not have to wait to get to a restaurant or café to enjoy the dish rather you can have it anytime at home.